Bespoke fibre networks
Whether you require a simple network connecting your offices, right through to a multi-city backbone, it’s critical that your provider designs a fibre network to match your immediate and future business needs. Here are just a few examples of how our fibre networks have been deployed:
- Synchronous backup and Storage Area Networks (SANs) between multiple data centres
- Core networks linking owned or shared data centres to internet exchanges and other network PoPs
- Links between multiple customer sites and owned or shared data centres for transport of data between users and host (access to cloud computing)
- Customer WANs – 1Gb/s, 10Gb/s and upwards, Geo fibre can be used for core backbone and customer links, or integrated with cost-optimised circuits to other locations
By understanding the business objectives and designing a dedicated fibre network to meet those needs, our relationships with our customers continue throughout the lifecycle of the network. End users – whether businesses or consumers – continue to demand more, which is why our customers select Geo and benefit from redesigned and upgraded networks to meet their evolving business requirements.
Our customers exploit the full potential of fibre; presented as dark fibre for self-management and equipment selection according to individual requirements, or as a fully managed service based on a dedicated fibre.
Customers typically select Geo for:
- Differentiation – our bespoke network solutions are designed precisely to individual customers needs, providing the platform for improved customer service and differentiation
- A lower total cost of ownership – unlike traditional telecoms models, our costs are decoupled from capacity so that our clients benefit from incremental costs as their business grows. Typical customers achieve 30% savings over three years, although our cost model can reduce year one management costs by up to 80%
- Rapid, simple scalability – we offer virtually unlimited bandwidth to cater for your every need through our fibre infrastructure which supports the latest high capacity DWDM systems
- Flexible control options – whether you fully manage your dark fibre connectivity, or procure a managed service with the option to add waves as and when your business dictates, we deliver exactly what you want, how you want it
- Enhanced applications performance – access to flexible high bandwidth networks enables businesses to optimise application performance
- Increased productivity – by connecting your offices over fibre, staff share information seamlessly & instantly and access applications via the cloud for smoother business operations
- Assured security – by following unique routes alongside the national gas mains and in London’s sewers, our routes are more protected from everyday disruption including interruptions arising from copper theft
What our clients say:
Geo has the unique advantage of being able to offer its customers bespoke solutions to real business challenges, We are delighted that we can now provide our customers with a dedicated network that satisfies their ever more complex requirements, and gives us the control and visibility we need to guarantee customer service and enable growth.
Stuart Ebdon, Head of Infrastructure Services Development, Fujitsu Services
Who can I talk to?
Want to find out what more we can do for you? Please email our fibre network team who will be delighted to help you.
Our products in action
Discover how our clients are implementing bespoke fibre network solutions, and some of the benefits that they are receiving.